The Welsh Language Commissioner (the Commissioner) wants to ensure that the website is as accessible as possible and will strive to conform to a minimum Level Double-A compliance as specified by the Web Accessibility Initiative (WAI). This also involves implementing several selected Priority 3 checkpoints required to make the site Level Triple-A standard.
The guidelines defined by the WAI also form the basis of the standard required by the RNIB and their "See it right" campaign.
The Commissioner is complying with the Equality Act 2010 and its Strategic Equality Plan can be found on the website.
Please contact the Commissioner if you wish to give us feedback so that we can continue to improve the accessibility of this web site.
• Links are written to make sense when read out of context
• All images used in this site have appropriate text equivalents
• Cascading style sheets have been used for layout and presentation
• Each page is constructed so that it can be read without style sheets
• This site uses relative font sizes to enable the user to specify "text size" in visual browsers
• All forms follow a logical Tab sequence
• Labels are associated with fields in HTML forms
• A site map has been included to provide information about the general layout of the site
• Keyboard shortcuts have been provided to assist navigation (see below)
To give better accessibility to users without a mouse, we have integrated keyboard shortcuts into our web site. These shortcuts include:
c – Skip to main content
1 – Home Page
3 – Site Map
S – Search
To use these access keys, please follow the instructions below
Windows PC's: press 'Alt' + 'Shortcut' ( + 'Return' for Explorer).
Apple Mac's: press 'Control' + 'Shortcut'.
The following browsers have been tested for compatibility:
• Microsoft - Internet Explorer
• Mozilla - Firefox
• Apple - Safari
• Google ChromeOpera