Discussion groups – experiences of Welsh language services
The Commissioner is holding discussion groups in order to understand users’ real experiences of Welsh language services.
- Are Welsh language services always available?
- Do organisations understand users’ experiences?
- Are there more opportunities to use the Welsh language?
The groups will be an opportunity to come together for a cuppa and to have your say about how good, in your experience, is organisations’ Welsh language provision.
The Commissioner monitors organisations’ compliance with Welsh language standards and Welsh language schemes, and wants to know if real experiences match her findings.
Details of the groups:
- Morlan, Aberystwyth, Thursday 26/07/2018, 19:00
- Popdy, Bangor, Thursday 02/08/2018, 19:00
- Craft in the Bay, Cardiff Bay, Monday 06/08/2018, 10:00
The sessions will last about an hour, and the conversation will be in Welsh.
A Measure of Success publication event
The Commissioner will publish her report, A Measure of Success, on Monday 06/08/2018 at an event in the National Eisteddfod.
The report contains the Commissioner’s opinion and evidence about how well organisations were implementing Welsh language standards and Welsh language schemes in 2017-18.
The Commissioner will lead a discussion with a panel of politicians and organisational leaders.
Simultaneous translation will be available. You should allow time to go through the Senedd security system.
- Cymdeithasau 2, Y Senedd, Cardiff Bay, Monday 06/08/2018, 13:30